Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Introducing Mack


Meet mack. With a bottle of Corona and a box of Trojans he's ready for action. Except, as you can see, this poor man has lost his feet. Mack is one of a lot of ten GI Joes I bought off of ebay missing body parts (mostly feet and legs). You see, I was under the impression that like popping a head back on a Barbie doll it would be easy to fix the GI Joes.

Alas, it isn't.

However, the good news is that I've found someone who restores these figures and I'm currently working on their stories in the hopes that the royalties will cover their "hospital" bills to get them repaired.

Mack is the first.

He sits on my coffee table in my living room atop his Humvee (because as a wounded soldier, he deserves some extra treatment), waiting for me to write his story. Which, I am working on (yes, dear editor, I'm working on it!) in the evenings after work.

There's also Sawyer, Talon, and Van. They'll get their turns.

In the meantime, there's GI Joe sized whisky bottles for everyone to dull the pain.

No comments: