Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Start of an Addiction

When I write, it's like a movie runs in my mind. And, like most writers, I have a problem with choreography. Because most of my stories aren't menages, there isn't the too many hands/legs problem. No, it's more what went where and when. After hearing several writers talk about what they used (artist's mannequins, action figures, etc.), I decided to get some GI Joes. I just happened to be at ICON, a science fiction convention, and one of the vendors, who I know from other events, was selling out. I purchased two GI Joes and two Barbie figures, both with bendable elbows and knees, joints, etc.

But having purchased my figures (and a couple of katanas for them, LOL!!!), I decided to go out on ebay. Why purchase one, when I could buy in BIG lots. So I did.

I have 10 GI Joes in various states of disrepair. They're going to the GI Joe Medic as soon as I have the cash, because I thought, like popping a head back on a Barbie, it'd be easy to fix them. Alas, it's not. Plus I have 12 more guys. A plastic three drawer full of guns and accessories and clothing. And yeah, I still have just the two women. 6-1 ratio. Not bad at all. *evil grin*

Ebay is my habit. Ebay is my addiction. And on ebay, you can find all the action figures you'll ever need. LOL!!!

Welcome to my world. My name is Mary, and I'm addicted to action figures. :)

No comments: